Trying to keep a relationship fun can be costly, especially in the early days. Impressing someone new with fancy dinners or tickets to see live music can be expensive. Here are some ideas to keep the magic alive while sticking to a budget:
- Go out for breakfast: you can have dates at any time of day. Plus, breakfasts are considerably cheaper than going out for dinner.
- Fix a picnic and watch the sunset together in a park. You can save money making your own food rather than takeout, too.
- Go to an open mic night. You still get the thrill of getting dressed up and going out together but without the cost of expensive venue tickets.
- Enjoy a hike together! What better way to get to know someone than walking together?
- Go to a You-Pick. Whether it’s summer or fall, you can still pick for two full seasons: berries in the summer and apples and pumpkins in the fall.
- Cook a special dinner together. Just because you’re not going out doesn’t mean you can’t eat a delicious meal together. Why not try a new recipe, too?